Hi Andrea and Benni.

Andrea you are right timer 1 is for my T/Stop that i use to run the dragster on the 8.90 index. This is from 1STOP products as seen in the picture below, it is a 4 blade spacer and is controled by air.

http://www.number1stop.com/index.php

This allows you to adjust the speed at what the T/Stop goes on and turn off, which helps with the car not to turn the tyres when it goes back to wide open throttle.

Timer 2 is used to shift the dragster into second gear on time, and it can be used on wide open runs or T/stop runs. If you are running at a track where there is bad traction, you would then shift on time to help make the car more consistent. The idea is to shift earlier than you would on a good track so you do not waste time spinning the tyres and not going forward.

As I race most of the time in Super Comp it is used all the time, my dragster goes on the T/Stop right off the start line and then shifts into second gear .050 into the run while it is on the T/stop. So when the T/Stop comes back to wide open throttle there is less chance of wheel spin. The other advantage is you get more mph out of the race car this way and thats always a plus if you are the faster car coming from behind.

Timer 3 is as Andrea said for dumping at the finish line.
Now it's not always as easy as you think to dump at the end of a run, and if you use the Pro Stage you have to take lots of information into account, wind and 60ft are the most important as they can make you miss the dial in by a mile real fast.

You can see on the end of the throttle cable the cylinder that says pro stage, this is also known as a inline T/Stop. This is what Eric Pflug uses on his dragster in Germany. Only he uses it as his main T/Stop so he is slowing the carb down not the air like me.

This is the box we use to control all this in the car, which is from K&R Performance.

http://www.krperformance.com/throttlestops.cfm

This also has a delay box function in the box and this is why it is called a delay box.

As i said early today Benni this little box has many functions, and will take a lot for most people who are not around them alot to understand how they work.
Tony